Monday, July 9, 2012

I didn't fail the test, I just found a hundred ways to do it wrong

Benjamin Franklin
(www.wikipedia.org)
To be nice, this is what we can call an optimistic quotation from Benjamin Franklin: "I didn't fail the test, I just found a hundred ways to do it wrong". Basically what this man is doing here is raising his failures to the status of achievements! But frankly Franklin, unless your hundred ways to do wrong have made you eventually succeed I don't see anything exiting about the sole fact of diversifying failure ways. 

In reality this quotation lies on the consolation category, not to say the losers category, where we can find examples like "Failure is only postponed success" useful when you haven't succeeded decades ago and "participation is more important than winning" good after being eliminated from the group stage of a football competition.

1 comment: